It is usually a busy time for most of us now. We are running around preparing and getting ready for the celebrations. Even though it will probably not be the same Christmas as usually this year, we still would like to celebrate it the best we can.
It is a special time of increased feelings of love, warmth, gratitude, happiness, laughter and connections with friends and family.
But also, a time where we worry a bit more about our waistline and letting ourselves go again during the festivities.
There is a solution for that though. You can still enjoy your Christmas sweet treats and add to your joy rather than your waistline.
I was trying out a few things in the kitchen the other day and I accidentally came up with this simple chocolate recipe that is so delicious that your usual sweets will not be missed.
I am sharing this recipe for you to enjoy it without any guilt as it only has clean ingredients.
You can also download more of the Clean Treats recipes here:
Choco Loco Block
1 cup Cacao Butter
1 cup Cashew Butter
2 tbsps Cacao Powder
1/2 cup Dried Sour Cherries
1/2 cup Almonds (blanched, chopped)
1/2 cup Dried Unsweetened Cranberries (pre soaked)
1 tbsp Flax Seed (crushed)
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 tbsps Raw Honey (you can add more to your taste)
- Put cranberries to soak in a bowl with filtered water
- Then heat up cacao butter and cashew butter in the pan, when melted add cacao powder. Mix well and take off the stove to cool a bit.
- Meanwhile chop blanched almonds.
- Add honey (you can mix with a little bit of water if it is solidified), cinnamon, flax seeds, almonds, drained cranberries and cherries to the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Transfer all to a dish lined with baking paper (long, rectangular pan works well) and put to the fridge for a few hours till it sets.
- Take out the block from the pan, cut in slices and enjoy!! Whatever is left (not for long trust me) keep in the fridge or you can freeze it.